Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Keller

A few months ago I read a great book by Timothy Keller called Kings Cross. Here's one of his quotes that I keep thinking about.

"Be so sacrificially loving that the people around you, who don't believe what you believe, will soon be unable to imagine the place without you."

I want this to be true of me. I want this to be true of my wife and my kids. I pray that what we believe leaks out of our smiles, no matter the circumstances. A few years ago Nikki and I decided to live what we believe: that our lives are not our own. I had no clue that it would mean all that followed, but I would take this life again. I don't want to waste a day. I also don't want to speed past a moment. I guess that keeps us dependent on Him to transform our lives into something beautiful that points to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment