Thursday, October 7, 2010

October's Book

Several times over the past few years people have asked me how I would define a leader.  I think this is one of the most difficult questions.  In fact, I even studied this in college and have come up more confused after studying opinions.
I do feel solid about one thing in regards to leadership.  I feel most confident behind a leader who is forced into action out of discontent.  Some people want to lead and find a cause.  Other people just can't stand the present moment and are driven to change it all.  
One of the people who stands out in this way to me is Paul Rusesabagina.  Many of you have seen the movie Hotel Rwanda.  If you were at all touched by that movie I want to urge you check out his autobiography.  It is a powerful book that shows a culture much different than ours and a man with just enough courage to change the landscape of his community.  An Ordinary Man is a fantastic book that I hope you check out.  It is a few years old, but I've found myself reading it several times and leaving with lessons each time. 

http://www.amazon.com/Ordinary-Man-Autobiography-Paul-Rusesabagina/dp/0143038605/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1286465523&sr=8-6

No comments:

Post a Comment