Saturday, October 9, 2010

October's Nonprofit

I love jazz music.  There are very few things better than a winter day, a warm cup of coffee, a great book and a familiar jazz cd.  In fact, for a few years I would write my messages at Valleybrook while listening to Herbie Hancock or Miles Davis.  I was able to hear great jazz music one time in Chicago, but have always wanted to go to New Orleans and enjoy the musicians.

Recently I heard of one of the coolest organizations to be around since 1998.  The New Orleans Musicians' Clinic is a health clinic that was established to "keep music alive by sustaining New Orleans musicians and tradition bearers in body, mind and spirit."  


I've looked around on their website and I love the work that they have been doing for the past 12 years.  They have major musicians and others contribute to the health of their project. Not only does the New Orleans Musicians' Clinic help when musicians are ill, but they work hard at early detection and other needs.  
Check this organization out at:


neworleansmusiciansclinic.org


They have a cd that you can purchase as a part of their fundraiser to help them raise funds as well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y1YWTW/ref=sr_1_album_10_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B003Y1YWXI&qid=1281387278&sr=1-10


Listen and feel good about knowing you are helping to keep great music alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment