Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September's Quote

This past few weeks I've been reading in Joshua, and the end of Joshua is one of my favorite parts of Scripture.  Joshua recaps all of the things that God has done in the people's midst and then challenge them going forward.


Joshua says these following words to the people of Israel. "Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.  And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."  (Joshua 24.-14-15)


For me, these are powerful words.  I need to often stop and reflect on what all God has done.  All the ways He has shown Himself faithful, that He has provided, that He has healed.  At the same time, I need intentionally choose to serve Him and not just assume I will on my own.  I need to make that decision and act out of that decision in order to truly honor Him.

It is sad how distracted we get. I know it breaks His heart how often we drift into choosing other gods.  In this season of life my family and I are together making our choice.  We will serve the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment