I love middle schoolers, but they remind me of some of my painful moments as a middle school pastor. Going to the hospital with broken arms, explaining how I didn't think it was my students smearing things on the bathroom walls, apologizing when it was my students.
It also reminds me of being in middle school. Man, was I not awesome. Here are my quick memories.
- the awesomeness that was the Sega Genesis
- Spin Doctors cd
- Columbia House and BMG cd deals (I thought they were awesome)
- Girbaud jeans
- Starter jackets
- Michael Jordan
- awkward conversations at dances
- ripping my sweatpants right in front while carrying metal in my shop class
- being glad shop was my last class
- my first guitar
- neon everything
I hope you enjoyed middle school. If you feel out of place today, be glad you are not still rocking your old school.