Monday, February 7, 2011

What's really going on?

Since Nikki left for Ethiopia some people have been wondering what is happening.  I tell them that she arrived safe, is doing great and will be reporting updates on matthew1316.blogspot.com.  Here I will be giving a daily update on being a dad of five without my wife's help.  Here is the weekend addition.
Friday Night:
The three young ones and myself went to cheer on Norton basketball.  Carter's team won big and he had a steal and a basket right away in the third quarter.  It was a great play, great game, and a fun night.  Sadly, I had the flu last week so I lost sixteen pounds in sweat during the game, not because the game was close but because I was having hot flashes.

Carter went with the guys to Buffalo Wild Wings after the game. I couldn't be more proud.  Ezra was out at a concert and came home to me drooling on my chair late that night.  I think I handled it all well.

Saturday:
Everyone got dressed and ate before the day ended.  If that was all that happened, I would say that we are winning!  Everything that the kids had they were on time for, which is not always true.  Ezra scored three goals in his soccer game and wasn't feeling very well.  Carter won the Super Bowl on Madden.  Durant played Lightning McQueen for every moment his eyes were open, and Jackson drew some pretty incredible pictures.  He's a great artist.  Ana had to work on Saturday, she was taking care of babies all day and was very worn out by the end of the day.
We watched Louisville win at night, though it was closer than I would hope.  I think ESPN should hire me as an analyst for those ESPN 78 games like that one.

Sunday:
Ezra and Carter were feeling sick all night so we missed church.  It was a pretty uneventful day at our house, but I was reminded how much I like to be at church and worship with others.  It is good doing church with your kids at home, but it is nice to have the support of the community.  Oh yeah, there was that game yesterday too.  I guess I watched that.  Off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment