Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why isn't there a song about Louisville?

It seems like any good city either has a song or a band named after it.  Okay I don't know of a song named after Brooklyn Center or Eau Claire.  Still, there should be one about Louisville.

Think about it, "Omaha" bu Counting Crows was the inspiration of two road trips for my family.  "Walking In Memphis" somehow got me through my college years even though I went to college about ten hours from Memphis and never listened to a Elvis song in those years.  I do think that I am the only person who would pump themselves up for sports with Marc Cohn.

Then the bands for those who are more blessed chronologically know Chicago and Boston.  Boston slightly ruined my wedding dance, but I heard that they were good.  I'm sure I'm missing a few, but that further proves my point that Louisville deserves a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment