Thursday, January 13, 2011

January's Quote

I am always very challenged by CS Lewis.  He was a phenomenal writer and I find myself coming back to his books over and over again.   I have been thinking a lot about how we are new and how we are to look like our Creator.  The implications of this go into every area of our lives.  This morning I was reading "The Weight of Glory" and read these words from CS Lewis about how we relate to one another.

"You have never talked to a mere mortal.  Nations, cultures, arts, civilisations- these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat.  But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit-immortal horrors or everlasting splendours."

I't's not our job to choose faith for someone else, but it is blind to ignore the reality of that choice.  We are made in His image and by faith we are invited to return to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment